Terms and Conditions for “Picture Perfect Calendar Competition”
The Daily Examiner
1. Method of entry: Contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. To enter, Contestants must submit their digital images to email@example.com between Saturday 3rd November and Friday 30th November 2012 to be included in the competition. Images can be of any subject though must have been taken within the Clarence Valley area. Images must be the intellectual property of the entrant and should be between 500kb and 1MB jpeg or TIFF file.
2. Prizes: Major Prize is a Nikon D3100 camera Kit Valued at $700. 12 Runner’s up will also receive a voucher for 100 6x4 colour prints at Harvey Norman.
All finalist images will also appear in the 2013 Clarence Valley Calendar along with the photographers name and caption. The Major prize winning image will be positioned on the front cover.
The prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. The prize value is inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and like or greater value.
3. Competition duration: The competition commences on Saturday 3rd November and ends on Friday 30th November 2012. Final entry deadline is 5pm Friday 30th November 2012 (“Closure Time”). Entries received after the Closure Time will not be eligible.
3 Eligibility limitations: The following persons are ineligible to enter:
(i) employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter so far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(ii) the spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
iii) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
5. Winners and notification: 13 finalists will be selected by Daily Examiner Chief Photographer, Adam Hourigan on Friday 30th November. The finalists will then be uploaded to The Daily Examiner website for community vote to determine the major prize winner. Website voting will commence on Saturday 1st December and conclude Friday 7th December. Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winners will be notified the following business day and details will be published in The Daily Examiner on Monday 10th December. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his / her image entry and name. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
6. Redraw: In the event that the winner has not come forward by 1pm Monday 4th February 2013, the entrant forfeits the right to the prize and it will remain the property of Harvey Norman Grafton
7. Prize collection: Prizes to be claimed in person from the Grafton office unless winner is otherwise advised and ID that includes a photograph may be required. Upon request by the Promoter a copy of the general contest rules and/or a signed receipt and acknowledgement must be signed and endorsed by any winner to indicate his/her understanding and acceptance of these terms. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
8. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
9. Entries and privacy: All entries remain the property of the Entrant and will be used only for publishing in the 2013 Clarence Valley Calendar and other associated promotional purposes. Under the Privacy Act the names and addresses of all entrants in this competition will not be shared or distributed to other parties unless specified.
Promoter: The Daily Examiner
Authorised Under NSW Permit No LTPM/11/00961