Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 55 minutes
1 tbs oil
1 leek, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 zucchini, grated
¼ medium cauliflower, cut into small florets
4 eggs, lightly beaten
250ml Philadelphia extra light cream for cooking (a cream alternative)
2 tsp finely chopped thyme leaves
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
75g blue cheese, crumbled
Salad greens, for serving
- Heat the oil in a frypan and sauté leek, garlic and zucchini for two minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and continue cooking until just tender. Whisk the eggs, philly, thyme and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the cooked vegetables and stir until well combined. Pour into a greased 24cm round ovenproof baking dish then crumble over the blue cheese. Cover with foil.
- Bake in a moderate oven 180°C for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake for a further 10-15 minutes or until set and golden.
- Allow to stand for 10 minutes before slicing and serving with salad greens.
The subtle blue cheese notes complement this cauliflower frittata beautifully, making it a perfect lunch treat.