THE Grafton Fair Dinkum Country Music Roundup gets into full swing today at the Grafton Showground with professional musicians taking to the stage after two days of "walk-ups".
Two of the walk-ups, Les Jones and Norm Hines, have been chosen by a secret judge in the opening days to join the professionals at the business end of the festival.
Roundup-goers will have to pay a $15 entry fee today, with four-day passes available for $45.
Organiser Bob Vickers said he'd been flat out with inquiries yesterday and expected the nearly 100 attendees to grow rapidly today.
Profits from the event will be split between artists and the Clarence Pastoral and Agricultural Society.
Mr Vickers said the town had been very supportive of the festival but reserved special thanks for Trevor Ellem of Buckley's Music who not only donated the sound equipment, but had offered to run the sound desk for six days completely free of charge.
- 7.30-9.00am - Bush Poets/Breakfast Compered By Gary Fogerty
- with Garry Lowe, Jack Drake and Bill Kearns
- 9.30-11am - Country Music compered by Greg Bain
- 9.30-10.00am - Len and Jeanne Connor
- 10-10.20am - Paul Seils
- 10.20-10.40am Charmaine Pout
- 10.40-11.00am Bob Easter
- 11.00am Official Opening by Mayor Richie Williamson
- 12.00pm - CD Launch - Zeta Burns & Ian Hands
- 12.00-1pm - Lunch
- 1.00-1.30pm - Len & Jeanne Connor
- 1.30-1.50pm - Kylie Castles
- 1.50-2.10pm - Slim Jones
- 2.10-2.40pm - Ben & Trent Holder
- 2.40-3.00pm - Dianne Coombes
- 3.00-3.20pm - Tappin' Teddy
- 3.20-3.40pm - Les Jones
- 3.40-4.00pm - Gordon Larkin
- 4.00-4.30pm - Shelley Jones
- 4.30-4.50pm - Ken Lindsay
- 4.50-5.10pm - Reg Poole
- 5.10-5.30pm - Neil Payne
- 5.30-5.50pm - Allan Luscombe
- 6.00-7.00pm - Dinner
- 7.00-7.20pm - Greg Bain
- 7.20-7.50pm - Suburban COUNTRY
- 7.50-8.10pm - Jenny Biddle
- 8.10-8.30pm - Norm Hinze
- 8.30-8.50pm - Bob Easter
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.