CLARENCE Valley Mayor Richie Williamson said the $2000 sponsorship the council had granted this week's Grafton Fair Dinkum Country Music Roundup was a great investment considering it had already brought many thousands more into the Valley.
Event organiser Bob Vickers was collecting dockets from Roundup-goers who spent money in the area to prove the point and estimated that $4000 had already been spent by yesterday afternoon.
The Grafton Showground was awash with campervans and caravans yesterday as the event hit full swing on it's first day of professional performers.
"Really, these campervans are an untapped market around here," said Mr Vickers.
A charge of $15 a day applies to the Roundup, which continues till Sunday.
- 7.30-9.00 a.m. Bush poets/breakfast compered by Gary Fogerty with Garry Lowe, Jack Drake and Bill Kearns
- 9.30-11a.m: Country Music Compered By Greg Bain
- 9.30-9.50: Kylie Castle
- 9.50-10.10: Les Jones
- 10.10-10.30: Gordon Larkin
- 10.30-10.50: Slim Jones
- 10.50-11.10: Alan Luscombe
- 11.10-11.40: The Shelley Jones Band
- 11.40-12.10: Len & Jeanne Connor
- 12.00-1pm - Lunch
- 1.00-1.30pm - Len & Jeanne Connor
- 1.30-1.50pm - Kylie Castles
- 1.50-2.10pm - Slim Jones
- 2.10-2.40pm - Ben & Trent Holder
- 2.40-3.00pm - Dianne Coombes
- 3.00-3.20pm - Tappin' Teddy
- 3.20-3.40pm - Les Jones
- 3.40-4.00pm - Gordon Larkin
- 4.00-4.30pm - Shelley Jones
- 4.30-4.50pm - Ken Lindsay
- 4.50-5.10pm - Reg Poole
- 5.10-5.30pm - Neil Payne
- 5.30-5.50pm - Allan Luscombe
- 6.00-7.00pm - Dinner
- 7.00-7.20pm - Greg Bain
- 7.20-7.50pm - Suburban Country
- 7.50-8.10pm - Jenny Biddle
- 8.10-8.30pm - Norm Hinze
- 8.30-8.50pm - Bob Easter