SOFIA Vergara has been named the highest-earning television actress.
The 'Modern Family' star earned around $19 million between May 2011 and May 2012, thanks to her role on the show, endorsement and licensing deals - including a clothing line at KMart and advertising campaigns for Diet Pepsi, Burger King and Cover Girl - and earnings from her media company LatinWE, figures compiled by Forbes magazine show.
The acclaimed financial tome placed Kim Kardashian in second place with $18 million over the same time period, $7 million more than her sister Khloe Kardashian, who placed fifth, made in that year.
'Desperate Housewives' actress Eva Longoria ranked third thanks to her $15 million earnings. While she and her co-stars on the drama - Felicity Huffman, Teri Hatcher and Marcia Cross - all earned around $8 million for the final series of the show, Eva's earnings were boosted by endorsement deals with L'Oreal and Pepsi Next, sales of her cookbook, two fragrances and earnings from other acting roles.
Bethenny Frankel was listed fourth with $12 million, while the top 10 was rounded out by Tina Fey, 'Law and Order: SVU' star Mariska Hargitay, 'New Girl' actress Zooey Deschanel, 'Desperate Housewives' Felicity and 'Grey's Anatomy' star Ellen Pompeo.
Forbes base the list on estimations of upfront pay, residuals, endorsements and advertising work and do not deduct agent fees or other expenses.
Forbes magazine's list of highest-earning television actresses:
- Sofia Vergara ($19 million)
- Kim Kardashian ($18 million)
- Eva Longoria ($15 million)
- Bethenny Frankel ($12 million)
- Khloe Kardashian ($11 million)
- Tina Fey ($11 million)
- Mariska Hargitay ($10 million)
- Zooey Deschanel ($9 million)
- Felicity Huffman ($9 million)
- Ellen Pompeo ($9 million)
- Kate Walsh ($8 million)
- Teri Hatcher ($8 million)
- Marcia Cross ($8 million)
- Kaley Cuoco ($8 million)
- Alyson Hannigan ($7 million)
- Marg Helgenberger ($7 million)
- Melissa McCarthy ($6 million)
- Julianna Margulies ($6 million)
- Kyra Sedgwick ($6 million)
- Courteney Cox ($5 million)