A COFFS Harbour man has been arrested and charged with firearm and drug offences after police were called to a domestic dispute.
Police said officers attended a local residence on Wednesday in relation to the domestic incident.
A 56-year-old man was arrested at the scene and taken to Coffs Harbour Police Station.
A search of the premises allegedly uncovered three firearms, a cannabis plant and a quantity of cannabis leaf.
A 58-year-old woman, the alleged victim of the domestic incident, was left shaken but unharmed.
The man was charged with a total of 12 offences and appeared in Coffs Harbour Local Court today where he was refused bail.
He is due to reappear in court on August 28 facing charges of:
- Assault occasioning actual bodily harm
- Alter a firearm so to convert it
- Possess ammunition without a permit
- Two counts of not keeping a firearm safely
- Carry a firearm in a manner likely to injure
- Possess a loaded firearm endangering life
- Not keep a firearm safely
- Two counts of possessing a prohibited drug
- Cultivating cannabis
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.