The village of Chatsworth Island is a tightly held location that rarely becomes available, such is the pleasant riverbank location and traditional community values of the residents in place. When asked why, most residents will tell you - "Why would I ever want to leave?" In this case our vendors are selling due to health reasons and no longer need the second dwelling for family purposes. The fact that they have already purchased elsewhere has their motivation at fever pitch. They are prepared to sell well below replacement costs and all offers are to be presented prior to Auction for consideration.
Whilst the opportunity to buy in "Chatty" is rare, 19 Chatsworth Road is an even rarer commodity in that it has two houses on the one block and with that it offers so many options. Do you fit into any of these categories:
- An extended family situation where Mum and Dad live in one home and extra family members, younger or older, in the other?
- You could be an investor looking for a dual income stream well in excess of $600 per week.
- You could run an Air B&B right on the banks of the North Arm of the Clarence River. It would make great holiday accommodation and a great place to live simultaneously.
- You could have a permanent tenant live in one home and maintain your grounds while you could use the other home yourself as a weekend getaway by the river.
- Do you have a friend that you could pool money with to buy this property and you both have your own independent residence next door to each other? It could be a cheap entry to a riverbank location if you pool your resources!
The original home that fronts Chatsworth Road is of traditional hardwood construction and very comfortable as it is today. It has been well cared for and has been freshly painted inside and out but also offers scope for reconfiguring or renovation should you wish. The new home that fronts the side Post Office Lane access is just that - new - and comes with all the creature comforts including a swimjet pool and spa for recreation and/or exercise. Both homes have double garages and both homes have great views of the river.
Situated directly across the road from the Clarence River and a short walk to the local boat ramp, general store and Chatsworth Primary School, all the important parts of the Chatsworth Village are at your fingertips. It's not hard to imagine how nice it would be sitting on the bank of the river watching the sun go down in this pretty as a picture location suggests!
All this is just a 21km drive to both Iluka (to the north) and Yamba (to the south) where you will find some of the most the beautiful coastline Northern NSW has to offer and 11km back to the riverside service town of Maclean. The big question will be - "Do you go by car or boat?" I guess the choice is yours dependant on the weather. One thing that is certain is that you will have upgraded your lifestyle at a price point that will be too good to be true. Don't miss the opportunity to have an inspection as this could be the Auction that makes your dreams come true.
19 Chatsworth Road, Chatsworth, New South Wales, 2469, Australia