Grafton Greyhound Racing Club is recruiting for a General Manager. The successful candidate will provide comprehensive operational and administrative management to the Northern Rivers premier greyhound racing venue. More information on Grafton Greyhound Racing Club can be found at
Grafton Greyhound Racing Club’s aim is to provide a safe racing surface for greyhounds and ensuring facilities are provided for spectators that are both modern and well maintained.
The key performance areas for the General Manager include:
- Race planning, preparation, execution and review, including the development of an annual race program and coordination of non-race day trials.
- Management of key stakeholder relationships with Greyhound Racing NSW (GRNSW), they Greyhound Welfare and Integrity Commission, bookmakers, sponsors and volunteers.
- Facilities management of venue including caravan park grounds and amenities.
- Ensure compliance with Work Health and Safety requirements, and other operating standards and guidelines.
- Financial management including budget development and management, club secure reporting and submission of funding applications to GRNSW.
- Coordination of the Club Management Committee, including preparing agendas, preparing minutes and drafting reports.
- Staff management including rostering.
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Relevant qualifications in Business Management, Sports Administration or similar.
- Relevant experience in a similar Management position.
- A strong understanding of the greyhound racing industry will be highly regarded.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills, including the ability to prioritise activities in a high-volume working environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, stakeholder management, communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to build effective relationships with a diverse range of people.
- Demonstrated experience in Financial, Accounting, Budget and Cost Management.
- Strong IT skills including the use of MS Office and MYOB.
- Motivated self-starter with advanced people management experience and leadership skills.
What we will offer you:
A competitive salary is being offered based on the skills and expertise of the successful applicant. There is the opportunity for continuing professional development and career progression. You will be working with a highly motivated team on a very rewarding role.
How to apply:
Please submit a resume and covering letter address your suitability for the position with reference to the requirements and role summary. Email application to:
Only applications submitted to
email@example.com will be considered.
For more information or for a copy of the position description please call Natalie on 02
Applications closed COB Friday 24 January 2020.