Terms and Conditions
Daily Examiner – Fishing Competition
- By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must be permanent New South Wales residents and live in the Daily Examiner distribution area.
- Contestants under the age of 18 years at the time of entry must have parent or legal guardian consent to be eligible to enter.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- The Promoter is The Daily Examiner Pty Ltd; 55 Fitzroy Street, Grafton NSW 2460;
ABN 75 000 006 959; Permit NSW/LTPM/16/00785; Telephone number: 02 6643 0510.
- To enter, Contestants must weigh their catch at any of the weigh stations (listed at Clause 11) between Saturday February 18, 2017 and January 28, 2018.
- Contestants must provide their correct personal and contact details to the weigh-in station to ensure they are registered correctly for the competition.
- All catches must be weighted in, within the Promotion Period (see Clause 12).
- Contestants can weigh in more than one (1) catch, however, each catch must be registered as a single catch.
- Entry is free. This competition is a game of chance.
OFFICIAL WEIGH-IN LOCATIONS
- Contestants can have their catch weighted at any of the following locations:
Brooms Head and Sandon Areas
Brooms Head General Store and Units
Brown Rocks Caravan Park
BP Marina Service Station
Copmanhurst Rest Point Hotel
Iluka Boatshed and Marina
Lawrence General Store
Red Rock and Corindi
Red Rock General Store and Post Office
Wooli and Minnie Water
Wooli General Store
Wooli Deep Sea Tours
Minnie Water General Store
Minnie Water Caravan Park
Yamba Bait and Tackle
BP Bait Place
Marina Boat and Tackle
- The competition commences on Saturday February 18, 2017 and closes at 11:59pm (AEDT) January 28, 2018 (“Promotion Period”). Entries received outside the Promotion Period will be deemed invalid.
One (1) winner will be chosen via random draw from all valid entries. The winner will receive:
- One $500.00 Fishing Pack from Yamba Bait and Tackle.
- Total maximum retail value of the prize pool for this competition is $500.00 (inclusive of GST).
- All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
- Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a contestant winning a prize, are the sole responsibility of that winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable and can’t be redeemed for cash.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter:
- Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
- The prize winner will be selected via a random draw at the Daily Examiner office, 55 Fitzroy Street, Grafton NSW 2460 at 10:00am (AEDT) January 31, 2018 and prize awarded following winner validation and verification. The winner will be contacted by telephone.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner’s details will be published in the Public Notices section of the Daily Examiner on February 1, 2018.
- All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
- All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
- All prizes must be picked up within 90 days of notification. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
- Prizes that remain uncollected after 90 days from notification will be entered into an uncollected prize redraw as per these Terms and Conditions with winners drawn randomly. Redraw winners will be contacted by telephone.
- Prizes must be claimed in person by the winner and Government issued Photo ID is required.
- Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
- Children under the age of 16 years must be accompanied by a Parent/Guardian to collect their prize.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
30. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
31. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
32. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
33. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
35. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.