Terms and Conditions
Daily Examiner – Win a Double Pass to Australia Day at the Criterion Theatre
1. Information on entry and prizes in this competition form part of these Terms and Conditions.
2. By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
2. Contestants must be permanent Australian residents to be eligible to enter.
3. Contestants under the age of 18 years at the time of entry must have parent or legal guardian consent to enter.
4. The Promoter is The Daily Examiner Pty Ltd; 55 Fitzroy Street, Grafton NSW 2460; ABN 75 000 006 959 Permit NSW/LTPM/16/00785.
5. To enter, Contestants must collect the entry form published in The Daily Examiner on July 30, 2016.
- The entry form must be original newsprint.
- Photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
- The entry form must be completed in full and placed in an envelope addressed to The Daily Examiner – Win a Double Pass to Australia Day; then:
- Send to: PO Box 271, Grafton, NSW 2460; or
- Deliver to: 55 Fitzroy Street, Grafton NSW 2460.
- Entries must be received within the Promotion Period (clause 14).
- Contestants may submit more than one entry, but can only win one prize.
- One original entry per standard envelope.
- While entry is free, the cost of delivering or posting entries is the responsibility of the contestant.
- There will be two (2) winners chosen by random draw. Each winner will receive:
- One (1) Double Pass (2 people) to see Australia Day at the Criterion Theatre on Thursday August 11, 2016 commencing at 7:30pm.
- Each double pass has a recommended retail price of $30.00 (inclusive of GST).
- Winners must collect their prize from The Daily Examiner no later than Wednesday August 10, 2016 for the prizes to remain valid.
- The total maximum retail value of the prize pool is $60.00 (inclusive of GST).
10. All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
11. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a contestant winning a prize are the sole responsibility of that winner.
12. Prizes are non-transferable and can’t be redeemed for cash.
13. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
14. The competition commences at 00.01am Saturday July 30, 2016 and closes at 12:00pm Monday August 8, 2016 (“promotion period”). Entries received after the promotion period will be deemed as invalid.
15. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
- Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
16. All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
17. The prize winners will be selected in a random draw at the Daily Examiner office, 55 Fitzroy Street, Grafton NSW 2460 at 12:05pm Monday August 8, 2016 and prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. Winners will be contacted by telephone immediately after the draw.
18. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
21. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
22. Prizes must be claimed in person and Government issued ID is required to confirm winner’s identity and residence.
23. Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
24. Contestants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian to collect the prize on their behalf.
25. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
26. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier or to the winner.
27. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
28. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
29. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
31. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.