Terms and Conditions: Daily Examiner – Fishing Competition
1. By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
2. Contestants must be Australian resident and reside in the Daily Examiner distribution area.
3. Contestants under the age of 18 years at the time of entry must have parent/legal guardian consent to be eligible to enter.
4. The Promoter is The Daily Examiner Pty Ltd; 55 Fitzroy Street, Grafton NSW 2460; ABN 75 000 006 959 Permit NSW/LTPM/15/00760.
5. To enter, Contestants must weigh their catch at any of the weigh stations (listed below) between February 2, 2016 and January 30, 2017.
- Contestants must provide their correct personal details to the weigh-in station to ensure they are registered for the competition.
- Fish must be weighted in during the Promotion period.
Official Weigh-in Station locations:
Brooms Head and Sandon Area
- Brooms Head General Store and Units
- Brown Rocks Caravan Park
- BP Marina Service Station
- Copmanhurst Rest Point Hotel
- Iluka Boatshed and Marina
- Lawrence General Store
- Big River Bait and Tackle
- Clarence River Seafoods, Maclean Co-op Shop
Red Rick and Corindi
- Red Rock General Store and Post Office
- Wooli General Store
- Wooli Deep Sea Tours
- Minnie Water General Store
- Minnie Water Caravan Park
- Yamba Bait and Tackle
- BP Bait Place
- Marina Boat and Tackle
6. There will be One (1) winner chosen by random draw. The winner will receive:
- 1 x 650C5 Alvey Reel, retail price $269.00
- 1 x 13’6” Alvey Rod6500 (Custom Beach King’), retail value $140.00
- 1 x Heavy Duty Alvey Wading Bag (Burgundy), retail value $38.00
- 1 x Large Bait Bucket, retail value $14.00
- 1 x Belt with snap clip, retail value $6.00
- 1 x Alvey Cap, retail value $15.00
- 1 x Alvey Pewter Key Ring, retail value $20.00
- 1 x Alvey shirt, signed by Bruce & Glen Alvey (priceless)
- The total maximum retail value of the prizes is $502.00 (inclusive of GST).
7. All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
8. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a contestant winning a prize, are the sole responsibility of that winner.
9. Prizes are non-transferable and can’t be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
10. The competition commences at 12:01am February 2, 2016 and closes at 11:59pm January 30, 2017 (“promotion period”). Entries received after the promotion period will be deemed as invalid.
11. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
- Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
12. All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
13. The prize winners will be selected in a random draw at the Daily Examiner office, 55 Fitzroy Street, Grafton NSW 2460 at 10:00am January 31, 2017 and prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. Winners will be contacted by telephone.
14. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. Winners will be published in the Daily Examiner public notices newspaper on February 1, 2017.
16. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
17. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
20. Prizes must be claimed in person unless Winner is otherwise advised and Government issued Photo ID is required.
21. Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
22. Children under the age of 16 years must be accompanied by a Parent/Guardian to collect their prize. All prizes must be picked up within 90 days of notification. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
23. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
24. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
25. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
26. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
28. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.