Terms and Conditions
Australian Regional Media – Win a Trip to Melbourne International Flower Show
- By entering this competition (‘the competition’), Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must be permanent Australian residents to be eligible to enter and reside in the distribution area of their local newspaper (see clause 9 for newspaper locations).
- Entry is open to Queensland and NSW Residents only
- Contestants must be aged 18 years and over at the time of entry to be eligible.
- Contestants must enter online at their locally distributed newspaper site listed at Clause 8.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- The Promoter is APN Newspapers Pty Ltd, 5/100 Brookes Street, Fortitude Valley Queensland 4006. ABN 21 009 657 943. NSW Permit No. LTPS/16/06570.
- To enter, Contestants must go on-line at their local newspaper website (see listing Clause 9) to register their details in full, commencing 12:00am Saturday September 17, 2016.
- The on-line entry form must be completed in full.
- Grafton: www.dailyexaminer.com.au/flowershow
- Gympie: www.gympietimes.com.au/flowershow
- Ipswich: www.qt.com.au/flowershow
- Lismore: www.northernstar.com.au/flowershow
- Sunshine Coast: www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/flowershow
- Toowoomba: www.thechronicle.com.au/flowershow
- Warwick: www.warwickdailynews.com.au/flowershow
- Bundaberg: www.news-mail.com.au/flowershow
- Wide Bay: www.frasercoastchronicle.com.au/flowershow
- Gladstone: www.gladstoneobserver.com.au/flowershow
- Mackay: www.dailymercury.com.au/flowershow
- Rockhampton: www.themorningbulletin.com.au/flowershow
- Entries must be received within the Promotion Period (see Clause 23).
- Contestants may submit more than one entry, however, there is only one (1) prize.
- There is no cost to enter the competition; however internet connection and usage rates may apply. Contestants should obtain details of such costs from their service providers. The Promoter is not and will not be liable for any such costs.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or for any delays or failure in any telecommunications service or equipment.
- The Promoter may reject an entry if it reasonably forms the opinion that the Entry has been entered using false information or via automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
- The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare an Entry made by a contestant invalid if the contestant tampers with the entry process, benefits from such tampering or submits an Entry that is illegible, incomplete or not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- One (1) Major prize winner will be selected via electronic random draw from all valid entries received. The prize includes the following features for the winner and their travelling companion.
- Domestic economy return flights to Melbourne for two (2) people. The winner will be provided with a Flight Centre Voucher to the value of $1,000.00 to use to book return flights to Melbourne for themselves and their travelling companion.
Costs of flights over and above the $1,000.00 Flight Centre Voucher are the responsibility of the winner and their travelling companion.
- Spending Money of $1,500.00 on a Debit Card.
- 3 nights at the Marriot Hotel Melbourne, including full breakfasts each day
- Escorted tour led by Carolyn Dwyer.
- Air conditioned motorcoach transfer.
- Two lunches.
- Day 1 Welcome dinner.
- Entrance and other fees for Coombe Melba Estate, Melbourne International Flower Show, Lubra Bend Garden and Alowyn Garden in the Yarra Valley.
- The winner must be available to travel from March 28, 2017 to March 31, 2017 (inclusive)
- Tour tickets booked with Roo Tours.
- The full tour itinerary can be found at www.rosstours.com
- Any additional flights and accommodation bookings are at the expense of the winner and their travelling companion.
- The prize is for the accommodation as specified and the inclusions stated in these terms and conditions and does not include any further accommodation, meals, beverages, trips, excursions or Mini Bar purchases.
- The winner is responsible for transport from their home destination to their local airport and back.
- The winner and their companion must travel at the same time and flights cannot be split.
- Retail value of the tour package is $1325.00 per person (inclusive of GST).
- Total maximum retail value of the prize pool is $5,150.00 (inclusive of GST).
- All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
- The travelling companion of the winner must be at least 18 years of age.
- Any taxes that may apply to the winning of this prize are the responsibility of the winner.
- The winner is responsible for any incidentals or anything charged to the accommodation as per the Marriott Hotel Policy.
- Prizes are non-transferable and can’t be redeemed for cash.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
- The competition commences 12:00am Saturday September 17, 2016 and closes 11:59pm (AEST) Friday October 7, 2016 (“Promotion Period”). Entries received after the promotion period will be deemed as invalid.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter. Contestants must be 18 years of age and over to be eligible to enter.
- Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
- The prize winner will be selected in an electronic random draw at the APN Offices, 54 Pioneer Road, Yandina Qld 4561 at 11:00am (AEST) Wednesday October 12, 2016 and prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. Winners will be contacted by telephone.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be published in each of the 12 newspaper publications on Saturday October 15, 2016. (See listing at Clause 31).
- All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
- All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
- Winners will be published in the following newspapers:
- Grafton: Daily Examiner
- Gympie: Gympie Times
- Ipswich: QT (Queensland Times)
- Lismore: Northern Star
- Maroochydore: Sunshine Coast Daily
- Toowoomba: The Chronicle
- Warwick: Warwick Daily News
- Bundaberg: NewsMail
- Maryborough/Hervey Bay: Fraser Coast Chronicle
- Gladstone: Gladstone Observer
- Mackay: Daily Mercury
- Rockhampton: The Morning Bulletin
- Prizes must be claimed in person from their local newspaper office unless winner are otherwise advised and Government issued Photo ID is required for residency and identity purposes.
- Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
- The prize must be collected within 90 days from the draw.
- Prizes that remain uncollected after 90 days will be entered into an uncollected prize redraw as per these terms and condition at APN Offices. 54 Pioneer Road, Yandina Qld 4561 at 11:00am (AEST) Monday January 30, 2017.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
36. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
37. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
38. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
39. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
41. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.