Terms and Conditions: The Daily Examiner – Fruity Bats
By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Contestants must be Australian residents to be eligible to enter. Contestants must be aged under 14 years at the time of entering to be eligible. Contestants under the age of 18 years must have parent/guardian consent to enter.
The Promoter is The Daily Examiner Pty Ltd, 55 Fitzroy Street, Grafton NSW 2460. ABN 75 000 006 959 Permit No. NSW/LTPM/15/00760
1. Method of entry: To enter, Contestants must send in a drawing. The artwork must be original artwork and be the work of the Contestant submitting it.
Photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
The completed Artwork must be placed in an envelope marked The Daily Examiner - Fruity Bats with your full name, address and phone number clearly marked on the back of your drawing; then
- Send to: PO Box 271, Grafton NSW 2460 (to reach us before the closing time/date); or
- Deliver to: 55 Fitzroy Street, Grafton, NSW, 2460.
- Contestants may submit more than one entry, however there is only one (1) prize.
- One original piece of artwork per standard envelope.
2. Prizes: One winner will receive:
One (1) Book Pack which includes:
- 10 Clumsy Emus, retail value $9.99 (inclusive of GST)
- Thelma the Unicorn, retail value $16.99 (inclusive of GST)
- Going Bush with Grandpa, retail value $9.99 (inclusive of GST)
- Amazing Amelia, retail value $4.99 (inclusive of GST)
- Bouncy Ben, retail value $4.99 (inclusive of GST).
- The total maximum retail value of the prize is $46.95 (inclusive of GST).
The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of a similar nature and/or like or greater value.
3. Competition duration: The competition commences on Tuesday January 5, 2016 and closes at 12:00pm (AEDT) on Wednesday January 29, 2016 (closing date/time). Entries received after the closing date/time will be deemed as invalid.
4. Eligibility limitations: The following persons are ineligible to enter:
(i) Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(ii) The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
(iii) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
5. Draw and notification: The prize winner will be chosen via random draw at 12:05pm on Wednesday January 29, 2016 and winner notified by telephone. Prizes will be awarded following winner validation and verification. Judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winner’s drawing and details will be published in The Daily Examiner Fruity Bats page on Tuesday February 2, 2016. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise ad publish his/her name, character and likeness. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
6. Prize collection: Prizes must be claimed in person from The Daily Examiner office unless winner is otherwise advised and Government issued photo ID is required. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. Any winner must complete and sign a Release Form to confirm collection of prizes. Prizes are not transferrable and cannot be redeemed for cash. All prizes (unless otherwise specified) must be picked up within 90 days of notification. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize. All prizes that remain unclaimed 90 days after notification has been sent to the winner will be redrawn by random draw in an unclaimed prize draw.
7. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.