Terms and Conditions
Daily Examiner – Get Grubby Giveaway
- By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Contestants must be permanent Australian residents to be eligible to enter.
- Contestants must be aged 12 years and under to be eligible to enter.
- Contestants who are aged under 18 years must have parent/legal guardian consent to be eligible to enter.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- The Promoter is Northern Star Ltd, 793 Ballina Road, Goonellabah NSW 2480. ABN 43 000 011 174. Permit NSW/LTPM/16/00778.
- To enter, Contestants must collect the entry form published in the Daily Examiner between Saturday September 17, 2016 and Friday September 30, 2016 (excluding Sundays)
- The entry form must be original newsprint.
- Photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
- The entry form must be completed in full and placed in an envelope addressed to The Daily Examiner – Get Grubby Giveaway; then:
- Send or deliver entries to: 55 Fitzroy Street, Grafton NSW 2460
- Contestants may submit more than one entry, however, there will be two (2) draws for prizes.
- One original entry form per standard envelope.
- While entry is free, the cost of delivery or postage of entries is the responsibility of the contestant.
- Week 1 and Week 2 prizes: There will be one (1) winner chosen via random draw for Week 1 and Week 2 draws (clause 19). The winners will each receive:
- One (1) Dirtgirl Merchandise Pack including:
- 1 x DVD
- 1 x CD; and
- 1 x Colouring Book.
- Retail value of the Dirtgirl Merchandise Pack is $50.00 each (inclusive of GST).
- Total maximum retail value of the prize pool is $100.00 (inclusive of GST).
- All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
- Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a contestant winning a prize, are the sole responsibility of that winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable, cannot be exchanged or sold and can’t be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
- The competition commences on Saturday September 17, 2016 and closes at 5:00pm Friday September 23, 2016 for the Week 1 Draw; and
5:00pm Friday September 30, 2016 for Week 2 draw (“Promotion Period”).
- Entries received after the promotion period will be deemed as invalid.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter:
- Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
- The prize winners will be selected via random draws at the Daily Examiner office, 55 Fitzroy Street, Grafton NSW 2460.
Week 1 – draw commences at 10:00am Monday September 26, 2016.
Week 2 - draw commences at 10:00am Tuesday October 4, 2016.
- Prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. Winners will be contacted by telephone.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winner’s details for each week will be published in the Daily Examiner Tuesday September 27, 2016 and Wednesday October 5, 2016.
- All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
- All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
- Prizes must be claimed in person and Government issued Photo ID is required to confirm winner identify and residential address.
- Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
- Winners aged under 18 years, must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian to collect the prize on their behalf.
- It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
30. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
31. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
32. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
33. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
35. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.