8 things to do this weekend
Surfing the Coldstream - Secret Garden Party
- WHEN: Saturday, 4-8pm
- WHERE: Leche Café, 27 Coldstream St, Yamba
- DETAILS: Step through the doors of Leche Cafe this autumn to enter a miniature festival packed with live music, dazzling dance, spoken word, delightful door prizes and a hidden disco. Tickets are $10 on the door and all proceeds go towards supporting the main festival in October. Phone Leche Café on 0423 263 503.
Acrobatic + Hip Hop Workshop
- WHEN: Wednesday 9.30-10.30am (2-5 years), 10.30am-2pm (ages 6-18)
- WHERE: Iluka Community Hall, 54 Spencer St
- DETAILS: Bring lunch, snacks and a drink. Workshop costs are $15 for 2-5-year-olds and $40 for children aged 6-18. Bookings are essential. Phone Mallika on 0403 208 729 or Lauren 0431 082 667.
Yamba Weekly Farmers and Food Markets
- WHEN: Wednesday, 7am-1pm
- WHERE: Whiting Beach Car Park off Flinders Reserve, Yamba.
- DETAILS: The market showcases locally grown fruit, vegetables, eggs, fish, flowers plus locally produced cakes, biscuits, jams and gourmet items.
- WHEN: Friday and Saturday, 9am-9pm
- WHERE: Grafton Showground
- DETAILS: The annual extravaganza is back to celebrate for the 150th time. It's the tried and tested mix of sideshows for the young and young at heart, displays, livestock, horses, fairy floss and dagwood dogs, and fireworks.
Ten Pin Bowling
- When: Sunday, 11am-1pm
- Where: Grafton Ten Pin Bowl
- Details: Ten Pin Bowling followed by lunch at local eatery. To book call Michael, Clarence Valley Bushwalking Club on 6643 5628.
Welcome to Goorie Culture
- When: Saturday
- Where: Clarence Valley Aboriginal Healing Centre at 18-26 Victoria St, Grafton
- Details: There will be loads of activities for the kids, including boomerang throwing demonstrations, boomerang painting, elders stories, weaving demonstration, market stalls and more. 6642 8677.
Theatre of War
- When: Sunday, 2pm and 7pm
- Where: Saraton Theatre, Prince St, Grafton.
- Details: The Clarence Valley Orchestra & Chorus conducted by their artistic director Greg Butcher (pictured above) takes you on a journey through a 'Theatre of War', commemorating 100 years since the First World War. This performance will also commemorate 50 years since the Battle of Long Tan in Vietnam, and pay tribute to the entertainers of the era. A tribute to the end of the Second World War will also be performed. Proceeds to Clarence Valley RSL Sub-Branches and Legacy. Tickets: Adults $40; Concession $35; Children $30. Bookings: 6642 1633.
- When: Sunday
- Where: Ashby Community Centre, Lismore St.
- Details: Get out for some great local shopping opportunities. No dogs are permitted at these markets.