Track record broken at Jacaranda Dirt Drags
FOUR new records including the overall track record were broken during the 2014 Jacaranda Dirt Drags at Gnudwoc Park, South Grafton on Sunday.
Motorcyclists were greeted with a refurbished, fast surface and Frederickton's Jamie Oram took full advantage, clocking eight seconds flat over the one-eighth mile distance.
The time broke the mark of 8.01s set by Josh Rowe in 2002 and equalled by Derek Seam in 2012 by one hundredth of a second. The ride also broke the Unlimited Class Sullo Shield record set in 2012 by Cade Fuller (8.06s).
Meanwhile, Yamba's Jack Lilley set a new mark of 9.47s in the 85cc 2 St/150cc 4 St 11-U16 Years Standard Wheel and Big Wheel as Bailey Spencer's previous mark of 9.51s set in 2013 survived just 12 months.
The 65cc 7-U10 Years record time set in 2008 by Joel Adamson (10.53s) was broken by Andrew Jordan, of West Kempsey, in 10.37s.
- 50cc 4-U9 Demonstration: Ethan Borthwick (West Kempsey), Jye Lawrie (Grafton), Brodie Madden (Grafton), Brandon Austin (Wauchope).
- 50cc 7-U9 Div 2: 1st Caleb Ford (Grafton), 2nd Dylan Smith (Yarravel). Fastest Time 11.84s Dylan Smith.
- 65cc 7-U10: 1st Andrew Jordan (West Kempsey), 2nd Curtis Austin (Wauchope). FT and new class record 10.37s Andrew Jordan.
- 65cc 10-U13: 1st Blair MacLachlan (Inverell), 2nd Elijah Ford (Grafton). FT 10.60s Blair MacLachlan.
- 85cc 2 St/150cc 4 St 9-U12 Standard Wheel: 1st Elijah Ford, 2nd Andrew Jordan (West Kempsey). FT 9.88s Elijah Ford.
- 85cc 2 St/150cc 4 St 11-U16 Standard Wheel and Big Wheel: 1st Jack Lilley (Yamba), 2nd Bailey Spencer (Moonee Beach). FT and new class record 9.47s Jack Lilley.
- Junr 100-150cc 2 St 13-U16: 1st Braidy Willis (Grafton), 2nd Jake Davison (Greenhill). FT 9.00s Braidy Willis.
- Jnr 200-250cc 4 St 13-U16: 1st Sam Davies (Aldavilla), 2nd Bailey Spencer. FT 8.60s 65 Sam Davies.
- Fastest Jnr Rider: Sam Davies 8.60s.
- Snr 100-150cc 2 St: 1st Mikala Holzwart (Redbank), 2nd Robert Rhodes (Grafton). FT 9.40s Mikala Holzwart.
- Snr 200-250cc 4 St: 1st Dylan Holder (Kempsey), 2nd Ahron Francis (Yarravel). FT 8.66s Jamie Oram (Frederickton).
- 250cc 2 Stroke: 1st Tom Gentle (Mullaway), 2nd Joseph Seam (Port Macquarie). FT 8.65s Jake Crisp (Kempsey).
- 500cc: 1st Derek Seam (Kempsey), 2nd Jamie Oram. FT 8.15s Jamie Oram.
- 4 Stroke Open: 1st Derek Seam, 2nd Ryan Francis (Frederickton). FT 8.06s Derek Seam.
- Quads: 1st Craig Watson (Crestmead Qld), 2nd John Green (Swan Creek). FT 9.40s Craig Watson.
- Unlimited (Sullo Shield): 1st Brian Hudson (Kempsey), 2nd Jamie Oram (Frederickton). FT and new class/track record 8.00s Jamie Oram.
- Fastest Female Rider: Amy Wedd (Toormina) 4 Stroke Open 8.23s. Fastest Rider On Day: Jamie Oram 8.00s.