Another afternoon storm headed for the North Coast
THE Bureau of Meteorology has issued a severe thunderstorm warning for a large section of the North Coast, including Coffs Harbour and Grafton.
Already reports have been received of hailstones the size of golf balls falling at Nambucca Heads and Valla Beach.
The Bureau's warning said the severe thunderstorms are likely to produce large hailstones and damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours.
State Emergency Service crews are once again on alert and prepared to act. The SES advises that people should:
- Move your car under cover or away from trees.
- Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
- Keep clear of fallen power lines.
- Unplug computers and appliances.
- Avoid using the phone during the storm.
- Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
- For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the SES (NSW and ACT) on 132 500.
The next warning is due to be issued by 4:25 pm.