Close call



A GRAFTON family was given a scare yesterday morning when they awakened to the smell of smoke and found their Westlawn home on fire.

Firefighters believe an electrical fault caused a fire to start in the cavity between the outer and inner walls of the twostorey home's living room.

Although the fire was of a minor nature and quickly extinguished, it gave the appearance of being more serious with smoke billowing from the roof.



Donation of $1460 just the start for school's drought help

Donation of $1460 just the start for school's drought help

A Clarence Valley school has dug incredibly deep to help farmers.

Water-saving fix axed as drought reached crisis point

premium_icon Water-saving fix axed as drought reached crisis point

A replacement conservation program is currently “being designed”

Firefighters are once again protecting homes

Firefighters are once again protecting homes

The fire had burnt 255 hectares before jumping road

Local Partners