Big icon needed for the Valley?
BIG things are big news in our neighbouring cities.
Coffs Harbour houses the Big Banana - Australia's favourite and Ballina's Big Prawn is on the move this week, so The Daily Examiner thought it might be timely to ask readers, does the Clarence Valley need a "big" icon? If so, what would it be?
Two cranes are today moving the six by nine metre concrete prawn from its home on top of the West Ballina transit centre and restaurant to the Bunnings development.
The Big Prawn was unveiled in 1989.
The 6m x 9m prawn is made of concrete.
The Big Prawn weighs 60 tonnes.
Out of more than 150 big attractions across the country, Australia's top 10 is:
1. The Big Banana - Coffs Harbour, NSW
2. The Big Pineapple - Woombye, QLD
3. The Big Merino - Goulburn, NSW
4. The Big Lobster - Kingston SE, SA
5. The Big Golden Guitar - Tamworth, NSW
6. The Big Blue Heeler - Muswellbrook, NSW
7. The Big Koala - Dadswells Bridge, VIC
8. The Big Rum Bottle - Bundaberg, QLD
9. The Big Beer Can - Cobar, NSW
Today reporter Lachlan Thompson is pounding the pavements to ask the views of Clarence Valley residents on whether or not we're missing our own "big" icon.
Read what they think in tomorrow's print edition but in the meantime send your suggestions and thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org or write them here.