Centrelink evacuated following gas scare
FIREFIGHTERS have been called to Ipswich's Centrelink building this afternoon following reports of a possible gas leak.
Queensland Fire and Rescue Service says crews entered the building on East and South streets about 1.30pm with breathing apparatus, responding to reports of "the strong smell of gas".
Paramedics also checked one person who breathed in fumes but was not thought to have suffered any serious effects.
Fire crews are conducting atmospheric monitoring to assess the potential danger.