DECISIONS, decisions, decisions. There is a lot to think about when looking for a service provider.
Here are some things to consider:
- Which of the providers in my area can offer the kinds of support I may need?
- Does the support offered by any of the providers meet my personal needs and help me achieve any of the goals I've set for myself?
- Will the provider work to support me as an individual with rights?
- How will the provider ensure I have control over how it supports me?
- Can the provider guarantee flexible support?
- What skills and experience do their staff members have?
- Does the provider charge a fair price?
- What evidence can the provider show to me that it delivers high quality support?
- Does the provider have feedback and complaints systems that are independent of their service delivery systems?
- What do other people with disability or carers say about the quality of the support the provider delivers to them?