Disaster resilience leadership workshop
A FREE Disaster Resilience Leadership Workshop will be held on June 20 and 21.
The course will focus on the role community leaders play in building community resilience and understanding disaster management from a community perspective.
The two day workshop will look at:
- Disaster management - which organisations do what in the Clarence Valley?
- Emotional impacts of disaster.
- What is community resilience and makes a community resilient?
- Using existing community strengths to build community resilience.
- Resilience building project planning.
Participants will develop an action plan for a project that aims to build community resilience by working together with others to address local issues. These action plans can be developed for any hazard. Lunch, morning and afternoon tea are provided on both Saturday and Sunday. For further information phone Jenni Funari on 6641 6900.