Drunken behaviour leads to fines
COFFS/Clarence police have issued about $18,600 in infringement notices for alcohol-related offences in and around licensed premises since the beginning of October.
Infringements for the past weekend:
- About 8.50pm on Saturday a 25-year-old tourist was issued a $550 fine for failing to leave licensed premises when required after being told to leave a Grafton St venue in Coffs Harbour.
- At 10.45pm Saturday a 30-year-old Kingsford man was fined $550 after being ejected from a Park Beach licensed premises.
- At 12.20am on Sunday a 30-year-old Taree woman was fined $550 after she was refused entry to a Grafton hotel.
- Forty minutes later a 24-year-old Grafton man was refused entry into a Grafton pub and fined $550.
- At the same time a 27-year-old Coffs Harbour man was issued an infringement notice for offensive language outside a Coffs Harbour licensed premises after continually swearing at police.
- Two more fines were dished out in Coffs Harbour to men who refused to leave premises as directed.
- At 3.50am on Sunday a 16-year-old Yamba girl was fined after refusing to leave a Yamba licensed premises when directed by security.