Eat, drink and be entertained
I'M A firm believer in getting away from it all, every once in a while.
Ditch the kids, grab a like-minded soul, and head off somewhere for a night away.
I'm also a firm believer that there are few nights out better than the old dinner and show combo, and nowhere does it better than Jupiters Hotel & Casino on the Gold Coast.
On a recent getaway, my partner and I had a sensational evening wining, dining and being thoroughly entertained by the smash dance show Jabbawockeez.
The show itself was exceptional; far more entertaining than we expected.
Funny, fast-paced and totally interactive, this is a crowd-pleaser (and perfect if you have kids over 10 - they will love it).
After the show, we dined at Jupiters' signature restaurant Osteria Vivo, known simply as Vivo.
It was one of the most sensational dining experiences I've ever had.
The menu is traditional Italian, and the chef is true to the traditions of the dishes, using traditional techniques and cooking methods.
The food is nothing short of fantastic.
With dishes such as Baked cod in white wine cream with potato and root vegetables, Porcini mushroom crusted fillet of beef with ricotta gnocchi, and Waygu beef carpaccio and green bean salad with mustard vinaigrette, (and don't get me started on the to-die-for Italian sugar crusted donuts) this is a dining experience you won't soon forget.
The service at Vivo, as with the rest of Jupiters is second to none.
And the fact that our gorgeous room, overlooking the city, was just an elevator ride away was a blessing.
- The dance smash Jabbawockeez has just entered into an extended season, until November 1.
- Cosentino, the man of magic mystery stars in 'Distortions' on Friday September 28.
- Todd McKenney returns to the stage with: Songs & Stories of Peter Allen, on Friday November 9.
- Songstress Macy Gray will grace the stage on Wednesday, September 19.
- Missy Higgins will be performing on Friday November 30, with vocalists Gurrumul and Emma Louise.
- Smash Mouth will play their only Queensland show on Sunday October 21 at Jupiters.
- Chart-topping R&B entertainer Jay Sean will perform on Sunday October 28.
- Emmylou Harris and Her Dirt Red Boys will perform on Friday November 16.
- What could be more fun than the Village People? On stage Sunday, November 25.
Jupiters Hotel & Casino offers plenty of package deals such as dinner (at Vivo) and show starting at $89, or show, breakfast and accommodation packages starting at $269.
So if you need a getaway, if only for a night, why not escape for a classic dinner and show night away?