Even stuff for blokes at Gulmarrad big day out
IT ONLY happens once every three years, but this is not your average, run-of-the-mill school fair.
Organisers of the Gulmarrad Family Fun Day are promising a day even the blokes will enjoy, admitting many dad's usually find something else to do rather than take part in a fete.
"We've been really mindful of including all family members," said Belinda Cameron, one of the event coordinators and member of the Gulmarrad Public School P&C Committee.
"We're lucky to have so many parents in the school community keen to share what they do, all with their own individual talents.
"It makes it easy to organise an event like this when people share their passions."
Like Spud Anderson, who will bring along his collection of unique handmade billycarts to show on the day.
"The main idea behind the festival is to entertain as well as educate," Mrs Cameron started.
The Gulmarrad Family Fun Day will be held on Saturday, October 19, from 10am-2pm.
THINGS TO DO
- Mini steam train ride, camel rides, mechanical bull ride
- Car show
- Maclean Village Lego display by Brendan James
- Laser Skirmish and bowling alley
- Jumping castle, plaster painting, face painting, Sand Wizard
- Art and photo competition
- MasterChef cupcake decorating competition
- Chook poo lotto
- Trash and treasure stalls
- Food, hot and cold drinks
- Photo boards - inc One Direction, Fairies, and Vintage
- Bush Poet
- Performances by the Maclean Scottish Town Dancers
- Talking tent - First aid skills for kids, Fire Safety Skills for kids, Pet and animal care