FAT CATTLE: Grafton weekly market report
Farrell McCrohon Stock & Station Agents
A TOTAL of 232 head of cattle yarded at Grafton on Tuesday.
Not many bullocks on offer, however they still sold to 310c/kg.
Store bullocks and feeder steers sold between 300c/kg to 430c/kg.
Heavy heifers to the export market sold at 320c/kg to average 292c/kg.
The best of the heavy cows sold to 274c/kg to average 275c/kg.
Store cows sold to 306c/kg to average 264c/kg. Weaners were strong with heavy weaner steers selling to 500c/kg to average 430c/kg.
Light weight Angus weaner steers sold to 382c/kg.
Heifers sold between 400c/kg to 550c/kg.
- Norm Gray store bullocks sold to 368c/kg weighed 413kg to return $1514/hd
- Clinton Owen feeder steers sold to 402c/kg weighed 360kg to return $1440/hd
- Peter Okkonen feeder steers sold to 430c/kg weighed 365kg to return $1563/hd
- Kroehnert Partnership feeder steers sold to 388c/kg weighed 405kg to return $1564/hd
- D T Conroy heifers sold to 358c/kg weighed 395kg to return $1407/hd
- AG, GI & AC Chapman cows sold to 274c/kg weighed 598kg to return $1626/hd
- AR Watkins cows sold to 270c/kg weighed 540kg to return $1460/hd
- L & S Bruce Charolais store cows sold to 306c/kg weighed 400kg to return $1240/hd
- Hanging Rock heavy bulls sold to 296c/kg weighed 965kg to return $2848/hd
- D & T Woods Charolais cross steers sold to 434c/kg weighed 317kg to return $1370/hd
- Ken Watters Droughtmaster heifers sold to 450c/kg weighed 225kg to return $1008/hd
Grafton monthly store sale is on October 15.
Ray Donovan Stock & Station Agents