Father and son suffer significant burns in explosion

TWO men remain in hospital following an explosion at the weekend on a property at Coolana, near Ipswich.

Emergency services were called to the property on Sunday about 3pm after reports the men had tried to light a fire pit when it exploded.

The pair suffered significant burns to 20% of their bodies in the incident.

Both men are currently being treated in the Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital burns unit.



Mould disease discovered in Valley health centre

Mould disease discovered in Valley health centre

Community health staff complain of mould at work causing illnesses

Coffs Bypass, most costly per kilometre Pacific Hwy project

premium_icon Coffs Bypass, most costly per kilometre Pacific Hwy project

Coffs Harbour Bypass to cost $100-million a kilometre.

SAFETY ALERT: Pet owners warned of side-effects

SAFETY ALERT: Pet owners warned of side-effects

Flea, tick prevention not what pet owners were expecting

Local Partners