3.20pm: AUTHORITIES have confirmed that a house fire at 5am in Glenmore Rd today was preceded by a small fire at 1.30am at the same property.

A police media spokesman said authorities attended the same Glenmore Rd property earlier that morning for reports of a small fire that was ignited by a candle.

The residents were home at that time.

The spokesman said however, when the second fire flared up just before 5am no one was home.

No one was injured in the fire.

Investigations are continuing.

6am: JUST days after it survived Cyclone Marcia, a North Rockhampton home has been gutted by a fire early this morning.

Fire fighters arrived at the scene of the blaze in Glenmore Road at 5am  to find the high set house well involved with flame.

They extinguished the fire and are still putting out hot spots as smoke pours out of the upper section of the house.

No one was believed to be home at the time. No injuries reported.

More to follow including video with neighbour who raised the alarm and was first on scene.

 

 



MyHealth: patients need to weigh up pros and cons of system

premium_icon MyHealth: patients need to weigh up pros and cons of system

Medical practices like MyHealth in theory, but urge caution.

$1.2 mil for UV water treatment without government grant

$1.2 mil for UV water treatment without government grant

Council explains costings of new UV plant at main reservoir.

School obesity test a weighty issue

premium_icon School obesity test a weighty issue

EVERY Australian child’s height and weight would be recorded.

Local Partners