VIDEO: Firefighters save house after power box ignites
IT TOOK just a few minutes for fire crews to race to a house in North Rockhampton after a 000 call yesterday.
Resident Levi Lawrence saw flames coming from his house in Robinson St at 1pm and dialled for help.
Fire crews managed to put out the blaze, which caused damage to the house's roof and smoke damage inside the structure.
North Rockhampton Fire station officer Shane Slater said they got a call about a power box on fire and when crews arrived there was smoke entering from the connection of the service wire to the fascia board on the house.
"We isolated the power and investigations will be done by the electrical authority," he said.
"Three people living in the premises were accounted for."
Fire crews were decontaminated after leaving the house due to asbestos. Mr Slater said it was a precaution due to the age of the home.
Levi wanted to thank the fire crews for their quick action and for saving his home.