IT TOOK just a few minutes for fire crews to race to a house in North Rockhampton after a 000 call yesterday.

Resident Levi Lawrence saw flames coming from his house in Robinson St at 1pm and dialled for help.

Fire crews managed to put out the blaze, which caused damage to the house's roof and smoke damage inside the structure.

North Rockhampton Fire station officer Shane Slater said they got a call about a power box on fire and when crews arrived there was smoke entering from the connection of the service wire to the fascia board on the house.

SAVED: A quick response from fire crews kept a house intact at Robinson St, after a power box caught alight.
SAVED: A quick response from fire crews kept a house intact at Robinson St, after a power box caught alight. Fire At Robinson Street

"We isolated the power and investigations will be done by the electrical authority," he said.

"Three people living in the premises were accounted for."

Fire crews were decontaminated after leaving the house due to asbestos. Mr Slater said it was a precaution due to the age of the home.

Levi wanted to thank the fire crews for their quick action and for saving his home.
 



BEHIND THE SPORTS DESK: Who would want to be a coach?

premium_icon BEHIND THE SPORTS DESK: Who would want to be a coach?

THE NRL coaches merry-go-round has officially spun out of control.

REWARD: $300,000 for info on man’s death near Coffs Harbour

REWARD: $300,000 for info on man’s death near Coffs Harbour

It's the fifth anniversary of a man’s death at Sandy Beach.

Maclean crash caught on film

premium_icon Maclean crash caught on film

VIDEO: Driver flees the scene following crash

Local Partners