Holidaying Palmer refuses to bite on Lambie's 'well hung'
CLIVE Palmer says he is away fishing and has no idea at all of the furore surrounding Tasmanian Senator Jacqui Lambie's low-brow radio comments about her ideal partner.
Mr Palmer, the Member for Fairfax and leader of the Palmer United Party, to which Ms Lambie belongs, regularly promotes the clean conservative ideals of strong families and loving marriages.
However, when enlightened in a brief phone call about what Ms Lambie had said, he declined to respond.
"I haven't even seen them, I'm on holidays, I've been fishing," Mr Palmer said.
The PUP leader was told Ms Lambie had said in a radio interview early this week that her ideal partner was someone who had plenty of money and was "well hung".
"I don't comment on that sort of stuff, see you later," Mr Palmer said before hanging up.
Attempts to call Mr Palmer back were unsuccessful.
The issue was followed by Mr Palmer's own criticism of Member for Maroochydore Fiona Simpson, who he described as being "fully subservient" to Premier Campbell Newman and senior LNP MPs Tim Nicholls and Jeff Seeney.
He added she would "pay the price for blind loyalty instead of good judgment".
"She should show better judgment and speak up now before the ship sinks," Mr Palmer said.
"Our polling shows she only has 35% support, while at the 2012 state election she received 58% of the vote."
Miss Simpson described the comments as sexist and "dinosaur" politics.
"I heard those comments, directed at me and they are sexist," Miss Simpson said.
"That sort of bullying has to stop - I won't be bullied by Clive or anyone."
"People are tired of the personal politics."
WHAT'S HOT ACROSS THE SITES
- Wreckage of Air Algerie passenger plane 'found in desert'
- Israel under fire after 15 die at UN school
- Peed off: man uses city's water supply as toilet
- Staff in shock after death of 'avid snorkeller'
- It's arson or I'm a methodist preacher, says canegrower
- Paul Hogan divorces Linda Kozlowski
- Video: Cyclist films moment car crashes into him
- Holidaying Palmer refuses to bite on Lambie's 'well hung'
- Queen photobombs selfie taken by Hockeyroos