Free BeyondNow app aims to save lives
A NEW smartphone app has been released to help save the lives of Australian men.
The free BeyondNow app, released by beyondblue, shows people how to create a plan to refer to when they are experiencing suicidal thoughts or a suicidal crisis.
Beyondblue chairman Jeff Kennett said a practical suicide prevention tool had been needed for a long time.
"I hope that men, in particular, will work with their GPs, psychologists, psychiatrists and carers to personalise the safety plan on the BeyondNow app and refer to it when they feel at risk of harming themselves," he said.
The free BeyondNow app can be downloaded from the App Store and Google Play store. See www.beyond blue.org.au/ beyond-now.
- SIGN NOW: Online petition for Headspace facility in Grafton
- Clarence Valley rallies for more mental health services
- Rising suicide numbers a nationwide concern
- OUR SAY: It's time to get involved in mental health
- LIFELINE: Add your name to petition for more suicide support
If you are in a crisis, you can call beyondblue on 1300224636 at any time.