Flickerfest brings its Best of Australian Shorts to Grafton
CELEBRATING 23 years of short film excellence, Flickerfest remains Australia's leading short film festival and it's coming to Grafton.
Flickerfest brings its Spectacular Short Films with Soul to the Clarence Valley tonight for the first time, screening a smorgasbord of shorts from Australia and around the world.
Flickerfest remains Australia's only Academy® accredited and BAFTA recognised short film festival, ensuring it continues to present A-list short film programs recognised among the world's best.
More than 2300 entries were received for Flickerfest 2014 and only the top 120 shorts have been selected in official competition, all handpicked to represent the most innovative, creative and cutting-edge short films being produced in the world today.
Flickerfest will screen an entertaining, inspiring and award-winning range of shorts, many of which are world or Australian premieres.
The calibre of this year's program is undeniable, with several films screening at some of the world's most prominent and revered film festivals, including Sundance and Cannes.
Screening in Grafton is the Best of Australian Shorts program and international award winners.
- Vote Yes, set in May 1967 and focusing on Australia's referendum on Aboriginal rights, as two women unite and come to terms with the prospect of change. It stars Miranda Tapsell, from The Sapphires.
- Tango Underpants stars Emma Booth as Carolyn, a young Australian backpacker who travels to Buenos Aires, where she discovers not only the wonders of the tango but the importance of the right underwear.
- Oscar-winning short Mr Hublot, from Luxembourg, a captivating animation about a quirky loner and his robot pet dog, will also screen, as will Flickerfest 2014 Best Documentary winner, the delightful Slomo, featuring Dr John Kitchin, who trades in his career as a neurologist for a pair of rollerblades and transforms his life.
- Old Puds Duo, Maclean Hotel
- Flickerfest Short Film Festival. Saraton Theatre, Grafton.
- Manana, Harwood Hotel.
- Glen Mead, 9.30pm, Pacific Hotel, Yamba.
- Rock and Roll Retro, Post Office Hotel, Grafton.
- Ben Francis, DJ set. 8.30pm, Clocktower Hotel Grafton.
- The Vegas Legends show and dinner, Grafton District Services Club.
- Muso's Open Jam Session, Maclean Hotel
- The Pilots, 9.30pm, Pacific Hotel, Yamba.
- Graeme Smart, Yamba Bowling Club.
- Totum, Maclean Hotel
- Glen Mead, 2pm, Pacific Hotel, Yamba.