Menu
News

Grafton KFC evacuated over gas leak

The Grafton KFC has been evacuated.
The Grafton KFC has been evacuated. Clair Morton

FIREFIGHTERS say the Kentucky Fried Chicken in Grafton is in no danger of being extra crispy, despite an unfolding situation at the fast food store.

Grafton Fire and Rescue captain Garry Reardon said staff self-evacuated the building when they heard the "very distinct sound" of a leaking bottle of carbon dioxide.

"The carbon dioxide bottles have leaked and filled the store with carbon dioxide, which displaces the oxygen," he said.

"They called us in to displace and do some atmospheric monitoring. The staff did the right thing."

It is expected they will be given the all-clear to return to business as usual soon.

Topics:  editors picks gas grafton kfc



Valla search unable to find missing swimmer

An aerial view of Valla Beach.

Hopes of finding swimmer who went missing at Valla Beach are fading.

A good weekend showing for Georgia

A WINNER: Zone Showgirl Georgia Everson from Maclean is used to competing.

Zone junior showgirl title for Maclean show regular

Join the queue to choose a bag of books

EARLY RUSH: Bargain hunters at the last Grafton Book Sale.

Graton Rotary Book Sale back again

Local Partners