Grafton KFC evacuated over gas leak
FIREFIGHTERS say the Kentucky Fried Chicken in Grafton is in no danger of being extra crispy, despite an unfolding situation at the fast food store.
Grafton Fire and Rescue captain Garry Reardon said staff self-evacuated the building when they heard the "very distinct sound" of a leaking bottle of carbon dioxide.
"The carbon dioxide bottles have leaked and filled the store with carbon dioxide, which displaces the oxygen," he said.
"They called us in to displace and do some atmospheric monitoring. The staff did the right thing."
It is expected they will be given the all-clear to return to business as usual soon.