Here come Robinsons
A NEW book Robinson pioneers of Northern NSW by former Graftonian Al Robinson is being released to coincide with a Robinson family reunion.
The Robinson family reunion will be held on the weekend of March 19-21 in Grafton.
The book, a large format production of 350 pages with more than 400 photographs, of which many are historical, relates the history of the extended family of John and Elizabeth Robinson.
Of particular interest to Clarence River and Grafton people is the story of William T Robinson who was a son of Captain George Robinson of Jerseyville, and who moved to this area in 1918 and opened a new garage and service centre at the bottom of Prince Street, designed to provide garage and servicing for the Robinson Brothers car services terminating at Grafton. William, or WT as he was known, became an alderman of Grafton City Council in the early 1920s and was to serve as mayor for a record 15 terms.
He was mine host of the Crown Hotel from 1930 until 1954.
For further information about the book launch and the Robinson family reunion contact Al Robinson on 9529 5907 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .