Horror explosion at Christmas lunch

A FAMILY'S Christmas lunch has been marred by a horror explosion that burned the face, arms and legs of a 62-year-old man from Shell Cove, near Wollongong as he attempted to cook lunch.

Police and emergency services rushed to his home at 9.30am on Christmas Day after reports of a gas explosion.

He was airlifted to Concord Hospital for treatment by the specialist burns unit.

Authorities are now looking into claims the gas bottle may not have been properly connected to the barbecue.

>>Woman stabbed on her way to midnight mass



Ostwald Bros liquidators face fight to stay in role

premium_icon Ostwald Bros liquidators face fight to stay in role

Members of committee representing creditors want liquidators sacked

BEHIND THE SPORTS DESK: The fall of Israel

BEHIND THE SPORTS DESK: The fall of Israel

VIDEO: Moose is joined behind the sports desk by special guest Burls.

GALLERY: Bridge traffic affected by rush hour collision

GALLERY: Bridge traffic affected by rush hour collision

P-plater involved in two-car crash adjacent to bridge

Local Partners