“Hot yoga” class heats up as fire tears through basement

SURE it is meant to be "hot yoga" but not quite like this.

A Bikram Yoga studio had to rush its class outside after the temperatures began to reach well beyond the advertised 40 degree mark.

A fire broke out in the basement of the student in Melbourne's north-west just before 9pm.
 

One woman in the class told ABC News, "we were just going down into backward bend and heard some noises".

Hot Bikran Yoga Ascot Vale apologised to customers in the aftermath via its Facebook page.

"Apologies to those evacuated this evening," it wrote.

"Everyone is safe and noone is hurt."

Some morning classes however would not run on Tuesday.



Plugged in to the Clarence community

premium_icon Plugged in to the Clarence community

Sparkies right on time for poll

Lawrence shows its true colours

premium_icon Lawrence shows its true colours

Weather can't stop flower show being a hit

Art world still surprises Pat after 40 years

premium_icon Art world still surprises Pat after 40 years

JADA Finalist nod for well-known Clarence artist

Local Partners