de Coubertin Award a huge honour for Grafton athlete
YOU know you're a sporting star when the Australian Olympic Committee knows your name, and for Teena Cumming, it's an achievement she'll savour forever.
The Year 12 St Andrew's Christian School student was awarded the Pierre de Coubertin Award by Federal Member for Page Janelle Saffin yesterday.
"I still can't believe I got it," Teena said.
The bubbly sports star has represented her school in a variety of athletic events including track and field, touch football, cross country and swimming.
She has claimed the Age Champion medallion five years running and while she loves all types of sports, admitted her favourite event was the 200m.
Teena used to train every day, but has this year had to find time to squeeze in HSC preparation.
"That's kind of got in the way, but I still train as much as I can," she said.
- Represented the school at State in 2008, 09, 10 and 11.
- Third place in 800m 2010 at State
- First for State long jump in 2011
- Second in 200m in 2011
- North Coast representative team for touch football 2008, 09, 10 and 11.
- State Cross country representative in 2008
- School house captain for swimming and athletics in 2012