It’s a big yes for Uncle Jed
AUSTRALIA'S Got Talent champions Uncle Jed will bring their extraordinary blend of haunting ballads and soulful grooves, combined with the angelic voice of frontwoman Laura Stitt to the Grafton District Services Club tomorrow.
Originally from nearby Nana Glen, band members Shannon Stitt, his brother Danny and their cousin Laura moved to Sydney to take up the challenge of "making it" in the music business.
The band, named after Laura's father Jed, took the nation by storm with their spine-tingling performances on the reality TV show.
The trio went on to win the competition, their debut album shot to No. 6 on the iTunes chart and their audition videos attracted millions of YouTube hits.
Judges on Australia's Got Talent raved about the band's appeal.
"Who's not going to like it? I can't think of any group, age or genre that's not going to like this," they agreed.
Uncle Jed are currently recording their second album due for release next year and will be performing as a six-piece tonight.
- Jackson Halliday, 5.30pm, on the terrace, Crown Hotel, Grafton.
- Scott Day-Vee Band, 9.30pm. Pacific Hotel, Yamba.
- Ben Francis Band, Clocktower Hotel, Grafton.
- Hekyl and Jive, Yamba Shores Tavern.
- Uncle Jed auditorium, Dan Tuite on the deck, 6pm. Grafton District Services Club.
- Powerhouse, Good Intent Hotel, South Grafton.
- Rob, Rick and Pheeb, Yamba Bowling Club.
- James Bennett, Maclean Hotel.
- Wordplay, Yamba Golf Club.
- Psychedelic Goldfish, 8pm, Harwood Hotel.
- Ninth Chapter, Roches Hotel, Grafton.
- Home Grown Jam, Grafton District Services Club.
- Nathan Kaye, 9.30pm, Pacific Hotel, Yamba.
- DJ Stevie M, Yamba Shores Tavern.
- Nick and Sam EP launch, Harwood Hotel.
- Nathan Kaye, Maclean Hotel.
- Made from Dust, Yamba Shores Tavern.
- Chris Aronsten, 2pm, Pacific Hotel, Yamba.
- Neil Anderson, Pacific Hotel, Yamba.
TUESDAY (CHRISTMAS EVE)
- Hekyl and Jive, Maclean Hotel.
- Ryan Martin on the terrace from 5.30pm, Crown Hotel.
- Sex Wax DJs, Pacific Hotel, Yamba.
- DJ Dead Ra7 v Jason, Jacaranda Hotel, Grafton.