Kids onboard for Port Macquarie Cup
RACING NSW yesterday moved to ensure children can attend Friday's Port Macquarie Cup meeting after it was planned to be for adults only.
The Port Macquarie Race Club had been promoting their feature race day as an event for those over 18 only, as was the case with the Grafton Cup meeting earlier in the year, but backed down after a meeting with Racing NSW officials.
Kids under the age of 18 will now be allowed to go to the races, given they are accompanied and supervised by a responsible adult.
"I thank Port Macquarie Race Club and their Chairman, Mr Greg Delaforce, for agreeing to revisit the policy for the Cup meeting," said Racing NSW chief executive Peter V'landys. "We love the fact that kids can experience the magic colour and excitement of thoroughbred racing by going with their mum or dad.
"As such, Racing NSW will ensure that attendance by people under 18 years of age is not restricted at any NSW race meeting."V'landys said the age restriction at the Grafton Cup meeting got under the guard of the governing body but he stressed policy would introduced to ensure it does not happen in the future.
Joe Blow is likely to be topweight with Chris Waller electing not to run Russian Jar.