LCCA Team of the Week - Round 11
LAWRENCE stunned competition heavyweights while Maclean United staged a spirited run chase against Iluka in round 11 of Lower Clarence First Grade competition.
Wicket-keeper batsman Luke Ensbey (58) was the mainstay for Lawrence who posted 8 for 165 and then young gun Hayden Ensbey produced career best figures of 6 for 25 off 7.5 overs to dismantle Wanderers for just 83 runs at Barry Watts Oval in Maclean.
Across the river at Iluka Oval it was opener Brendan James who anchored Iluka's innings of 153. But despite a spell of 3 for 17 of 8 from Dean Bartlett, Iluka could not repel the United chase, with Craig Moran top scoring on 66.
Find out who else made the Lower Clarence Team of the Week for round 11:
LCCA 1ST GRADE TEAM OF THE WEEK
1. Brett O'Connor - Lawrence (new)
Opened up with 31, took two catches and returned 2 for 15 off 7 in a solid all-round performance as Lawrence upstaged Wanderers.
2. Jack Plater - Wanderers (2) Did his job at top of the order with 25. But when dismissed at 1 for 49 it triggered a major collapse for Wanderers to be all out 83.
3. Brendan James - Iluka (new) The mainstay of Iluka's innings with a solid 56.
4. Luke Ensbey - Lawrence (wk) (new) Top scored with 58 in a total of 8 for 165.
5. Craig Moran - Maclean United (new) Returned to form by top scoring with 66 in successful run chase of 7 for 161.
6. Luke Moloney - Lawrence (c) (2) Scored 23 and took two catches. Named captain of the Team of the Week having led Lawrence to its best win of the season.
7. Dean Bartlett - Iluka (2) Did all he could for Iluka with 3 for 17 off 8.
8. Hayden Ensbey - Lawrence (new) The left arm finger spinner took the marvellous figures of 6 for 25 off 7.5 overs to rout the defending premiers. Also contributed 19 with the bat including a 73-run 5th wicket partnership with Luke Ensbey.
9. Adrian Boyd - Wanderers (2) The paceman took 4 for 47 off 7 overs.
10. Matt Anderson - Maclean United (new) Took 3 for 25 off 8 overs to help restrict Iluka to 153, which proved to be not quite enough.
11. Dylan Clark - Maclean United (new) Took three wickets in quick succession to quell Iluka's run scoring late in the innings, to finish with figures of 3 for 21 off 4 overs.