Logan house fire sparked by candles after power cut off

A LARGE family left homeless after fire gutted a Logan home had been using candles to light the dining room because the power was cut off.

Firefighters believe candles sparked the fire that tore through the two-storey home in Mawarra Street, Kingston, while the Naanan family was out for a drive on Monday night.

Electricity retailer AGL has since promised to provide temporary accommodation for the family of eight, with another on the way.

A family member told Logan House Fire Support Network founder Louie Naumovski the power bill was sent to the wrong address.

AGL released a statement saying "all billing information, including payment reminders and disconnection warning notices" was sent to the address provided.

Read more at Brisbane Times



Koalas right back at home

premium_icon Koalas right back at home

Injured koalas returned to their homes last week

Beating the drum for Australia

premium_icon Beating the drum for Australia

Hogden set to represent Australia at dragon boat championships

Drug dealer weed-ed out

premium_icon Drug dealer weed-ed out

Magistrate sends message to would-be drug dealers by jailing man

Local Partners