It's make or break for boxer Brad Hore after loss to Lerio
ATHENS Olympian Brad Hore is intent on prolonging his career with victory against Tommy Clarke in Townsville on Friday night, but will be at ease if he fails to do so.
After chalking up 175 wins from 212 fights as an amateur, the 31-year-old has ambitions to make his mark on the international professional scene.
He made a promising start in winning his first two bouts last year, but lost to Roberto Lerio (14 wins, 17 losses, one draw) in an Australian bantamweight (53.5kg) title bout in Brisbane last month.
Caloundra-based southpaw Hore (pictured) told the Daily last week that Friday night's fight for the vacant Queensland bantamweight crown would likely be his last if he lost again.
Yesterday, he added: "It will tell me where I'm at ... it would just be hard to reach the top of my goal if I've got a record of two wins and two losses."
Even if he is beaten, Hore can be satisfied after a lengthy stint in the sport.
"I've had a pretty good career anyway," he said.
"It's been 21 years that I've been in the boxing game."
Victory against Clarke (6-4-2) would almost certainly get Hore pushing his international claims.
"As far as I know he's a bit of a boxer like me and we're looking for a pretty fast eight rounds," he said.
"(If I won) I'd drop back down to super flyweight (52.2kg) and would to try and target some places in Japan and Hong Kong," he said.