Man dies after being served detergent instead of wine

A MAN has died after he asked for a glass of white wine in a cafe and was accidentally served dishwasher detergent.

According to local paper El Periódico Mediterraneo, Spanish Police are investigating and the café owner has been arrested.

Andres Lorente, 50, felt a burning sensation after drinking the glass of what he thought was wine on Sunday afternoon at Bar Raconet in the Spanish region of Castellón.

Medical staff rushed to the scene to attempt to resuscitate him.

However, the divorced father of two died from major internal burns in Comarcal de Vinaròs Hospital.

According to Spanish news source The Local Es, the lethal liquid "had been stored in an empty bottle of wine and mistakenly been put in the fridge by a member of staff."



CLARENCE WATER RAIDERS: 'Tell 'em they're dreaming'

CLARENCE WATER RAIDERS: 'Tell 'em they're dreaming'

Clarence dismisses latest plan to snatch its water.

PATH TO 2027: Vision to preserve Valley's natural beauty

PATH TO 2027: Vision to preserve Valley's natural beauty

Jacaranda the only exotic species on council's plant list

Clarence to be flooded with yachties

Clarence to be flooded with yachties

Shag Islet yacht Club come for a visit

Local Partners