Menu
News

Man has penis amputated after Viagra overdose

A MAN in southern Colombia has been reported as having his penis amputated following a days-long erection caused by an overdose of viagra.

The drug label cautions against using more than the prescribed dose for erectile dysfunction.

Colombian Gentil Ramírez Polanía said he intentionally took more than the recommended dose of the impotence drug to woo his partner.

The 66-year-old former councillor is said to have suffered an erection for several days before being forced to go to hospital due to the pain.

English-language Colombia Reports said Gigante doctors were alarmed by the complexity of the issue and referred the man to Neiva,which offered better medical facilities.

Doctors at the Neiva hospital discovered the man's penis was inflamed, fractured and showed signs of gangrene.

The decision to amputate was made to prevent the inflammation and gangrene from spreading to other parts of his body.

Topics:  editors picks medicine offbeat sexual health viagra



ON THE FRONT FOOT: Lower clinch consecutive Cotten Shields

Lower Clarence claimed its third consecutive Cotten Shield trophy after defeating Clarence River.

In-form captain Ben McMahon and Mark Ensbey prove unstoppable.

Skip bin catches alight

MAKING SURE: Rural Fire Service members from Ulmarra and Gulmarrad drench the skip bin to ensure it does not re-ignite.

Skip bin catches alight

Singer on path to stardom

VOCAL SKILLS: Year 12 student Alyssa Castle is well on her way to a promising singing career.

Student sets her sights high

Local Partners