Menu
Business

Mum says iPhone 7 left her with second degree burns

A SYDNEY mother claims to have has suffered second degree burns after falling asleep with her iPhone 7 resting on her arm. 

Melanie Tan Pelaez took to Facebook to alert the public about what happened.

"I recently purchased an Apple iPhone 7 and accidentally fell asleep with my arm on my phone whilst it was charging," the western Sydney resident posted.

"I was woken up by sudden pain, pins and needles, numbness and shortness of breath.

"This is a picture of the result of sleeping with my phone whilst charging. PLEASE be careful... 

"I have been an iPhone user since the beginning and have never had an issue or concern, so it's really scary and disappointing that something like this happened and can happen to someone else."

Ms Pelaez, who is presently pregnant, told News.com.au she went to the doctor the morning after the burns appeared and was told she needed to go to hospital. 

After a number of tests she was told a foreign object was responsible and she says she then paired up the shape of the burns with the shape of her phone. 

Apple says the phone has a function which means it shuts down before over heating.

Apple has been contacted for comment. 

Topics:  burns editors picks iphone 7



Rubbish truck's load catches alight

A J.R. Richards and Sons rubbish truck container caught alight on the Pacific Highway.

Fire in skip bin causes traffic hold ups

South Grafton duxes awarded the honour 80 years apart meet

NOW AND THEN: Mary Austen and Molly Dungey who were both Dux of their years.

Two South Grafton Primary School Duxes meet, 80 years apart

UPDATE: Students, teachers held in school lockdown

Police were called to the high school after it was forced into lockdown.

School in lockdown due to altercation on premises

Local Partners