Naked and Famous restaurant lightly roasted in chimney fire
THE Naked and Famous Pizza Bar and Bites is expected to be back in action as soon as possible after a kitchen fire put a halt to the popular restaurant's breakfast rush.
The call to firefighters came in a 6.53am on Sunday morning, and was answered by Fire and Rescue NSW crews from Grafton and South Grafton.
Police closed off one lane on the side of Skinner St, South Grafton, to allow the firefighters to work without being hindered by traffic.
Fire and Rescue NSW Grafton captain Garry Reardon said the fire started in a chimney flue that hadn't been lit up for a long time.
"As is quite often the case with any chimney, it caught fire because of residues left there from the last time it was lit up," he said.
"The damage was contained to that area... but it is an issue that they are hard to get to.
"Normally we also have to break down some ceiling and all material to make sure there's no extension of the fire.
"The message in this is to make sure you clean out fireplace chimneys the first time they are used for the season."