Noosa named as one of the best beaches in Australia
IT'S official, Noosa has been named one of the best beaches in Australia by travel site Trip Advisor. But when it came to our beaches on a world stage, only one was considered good enough.
The annual list of world's best beaches named Baia do Sancho in Brazil as the 2015 Travellers' Choice for the best beach in the world.
Whitehaven Beach, Whitsundays ranked at number 9 in that list.
As for the best beaches in the South Pacific and Australia; Noosa was the only Sunshine Coast beach to get a nod ranking 7th and 6th.
Check out the list and tell us what you think below.
Top 10 beaches in the world:
1. Baia do Sancho, Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
2. Grace Bay, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
3. Rabbit Beach, Lampedusa, Italy
4. Playa Paraiso Beach, Cayo Largo, Caribbean
5. Playa de ses Illetes, Formentera, Spain
6. Anse Lazio, Praslin Island, Seychelles
7. White Beach, Boracay, Philippines
8. Flamenco Beach, Culebra, Puerto Rico
9. Whitehaven Beach, Whitsundays, Australia
10. Elafonissi Beach, Elafonissi, Greece
Top 10 beaches in the South Pacific:
1. Whitehaven Beach, Whitsunday Island, Australia
2. Maunganui Beach, Maunganui, New Zealand
3. Turquoise Bay, Exmouth, Australia
4. Cable Beach, Broome, Australia
5. Burleigh Heads Beach, Burleigh Heads, Australia
6. Manly Beach, Sydney, Australia
7. Noosa Main Beach, Noosa, Australia
8. Cottesloe Beach, Cottesloe, Australia
9. Titikaveka Beach, Titikaveka, Cook Islands
10. Matira Beach, Bora Bora, French Polynesia
Top 10 beaches in Australia:
1. Whitehaven Beach, Whitsunday Island, QLD
2. Turquoise Bay, Exmouth, WA
3. Cable Beach, Broome, WA
4. Burleigh Heads Beach, Burleigh Heads, QLD
5. Manly Beach, Sydney, NSW
6. Noosa Main Beach, Noosa, QLD
7. Cottesloe Beach, Cottesloe, WA
8. Four Mile Beach, Port Douglas, QLD
9. Surfer's Paradise Beach, Surfers Paradise, QLD
10. Coolangatta Beach, Coolangatta, QLD