Pair die from heater fumes in campsite cabin

A SYDNEY couple has died from what police suspect were fumes from a woodchip heater at a property in the New South Wales Blue Mountains.

Emergency services were called to a campsite cabin on Browns Rd at Kurrajong on Monday just before 8.30am where they discovered the bodies of a man and a woman.

The couple are believed to be in their 30s.

Initial reports suggested there was no ventilation in the cabin and a type of fuel, possibly charcoal or woodchips, was still burning inside at the time.

Authorities are understood to be investigating whether the pair may have died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

- APN NEWSDESK.



SWITCHED ON: Yamba NBN to go-ahead in June

SWITCHED ON: Yamba NBN to go-ahead in June

Redesign of fibre path gives Yamba's NBN the green light

Rare property up for sale on lakefront

Rare property up for sale on lakefront

You could wait many a year to get a spot on this village's lakefront

KIDZCHAT: Lawson tells us what is on his mind

KIDZCHAT: Lawson tells us what is on his mind

Lawson from CVAS tells us what's on his mind

Local Partners