Paris plotter had murderous plans for Belgian capital
TERRORIST attacks in Belgium were reportedly being planned by the man captured in Brussels on Friday over the carnage in Paris on November 13 last year.
Belgian Foreign Minister Didier Reynders said Salah Abdeslam's first statement to interrogators indicated attacks were planned.
"He was ready to restart something from Brussels," Mr Reynders said yesterday.
"That is maybe the reality, because we have found a lot of heavy weapons and we have seen a new network around him."
On Saturday, lead French investigator Francois Molins revealed 26-year-old Abdeslam had admitted to planning to take part in the November 13 attack on France's national stadium, but pulled out and abandoned his suicide belt.
Abdeslam's lawyer has threatened to sue Mr Molins for revealing the comment, calling it a violation of judicial confidentiality.
The attacks on Paris claimed 130 lives - 90 of them at the Bataclan club, where a concert was being held.
Abdeslam, who was shot in the leg during his capture in Brussels, is scheduled to appear in court tomorrow.