Poison warning for parents after 2500 kids hospitalised

PARENTS are being urged to keep poisons and cleaning goods out of the reach of their children, after a report showed nearly 2500 children were hospitalised last year after poisonings.

The annual report on poisonings from the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission showed about 180,000 calls were made last year to the national Poisons Information Centre network.

It found the injuries children sustained from poisonous products ranged from skin irritations to eye damage, to severe internal burns from ingested toxic products.

Among the items the ACCC has urged parents keep out of reach of children were cleaning goods, pesticides and insect sprays, pool chemicals and household bleaches and herbicides.



WHAT A CHAMPION: Kalti defies the odds to win coveted title

WHAT A CHAMPION: Kalti defies the odds to win coveted title

Despite deafness and advancing years tracking dog retires a champion

Council respond to plight of Grafton Show

premium_icon Council respond to plight of Grafton Show

Were the competing events to blame? Council weighs in

Sisters put their best foot, and outfit forward

premium_icon Sisters put their best foot, and outfit forward

Yamba clothing stores keep it in the family

Local Partners